Perth Bathroom Renovations: Experts at Australian Construction
Before you look for a Perth bathroom renovations contractor, you have to consider several things like your purpose, space, and materials. Of course, one of the most important considerations of all is how you should choose the contractor.
Today, we at Australian Construction will share with you several tips that you should know before you move forward on any bathroom remodelling project. By the end of this review, you should be able to make an informed decision as to how you will go about your bathroom renovations project.
Why are you remodelling your bathroom?
In any house and commercial facility, one important question you need to ask yourself is why you are remodelling your bathroom. If you know the purpose, you will also be able to make a decision as to what kind of design you want.
Also, knowing your purpose helps a contractor like us pitch some ideas to the design and construction process.
Here are some of the most common reasons why you need to remodel your bathroom:
- Increase the value of the property – properties that have dilapidated bathrooms are not sold for a lot of money. People who rent and buy properties know that if the bathroom is messy, then there must be other worse areas in the property that they have to renovate and spend money on
- Broken plumbing system – if the toilets and urinals no longer flush as they are supposed to, or if the drain is clogged. It is time to remodel the bathroom.
- Safety reasons – some bathrooms were made with tiles that are slippery. You have to replace these tiles to prevent injuries.
- Bathroom is old and inefficient – technology made it possible to have lights and toilets that work on a sensor. If the bathroom is old and if it is a water and power waster, you have to consider upgrading your bathroom fixtures.
You do not have to have all the purposes met. One reason should be enough. We at Australian Construction will provide you with personalised tips according to the reason you want to remodel. Just give us a call and we will have you speak with our interior designer and engineer.
How big is the space?
We will not spend a lot of time in this, but space is a consideration when renovating your bathroom. If you have no plans to expand it, then there is no further issue.
However, if you want a bigger bathroom, then you will certainly have to demolish the other room so you can get more bathroom space. As such, this entails more cost. The bigger the bathroom, the more you should allocate on your budget.
You also need to add more funds because a demolition job requires more people, more machinery, and more time. We at Australian Construction can help you with this. Apart from bathroom renovations, we also do demolitions jobs.
How do you want the bathroom to look like?
This is where things can get complicated. Today, bathrooms are not just bathrooms. We are so used to just putting tiles and toilet fixtures, but times are changing.
Whether it is your house or it is a commercial facility, bathrooms need counter tops, showers, urinals, toilets, taps, and so much more. The finish of your floor and sinks are also something you need to consider.
Overall, here are some things you need to think about:
- Counter tops
- Sink and bath fixtures
- Tile flooring
On top of these things, you also need to think about the kind of wall you want. Do you want wood or tiles? As a bathroom, we also need to add the costs of waterproofing. Certainly, we want to waterproof the floor and the walls as per the building code of Australia.
How should you choose a Perth bathroom renovations contractor?
Once you have identified your purpose, space, and materials, it is time to choose a contractor who will work on your facility.
Here are some things you have to consider:
- License – you should only work with a licensed contractor, one who passed all the government’s expectations. A licensed contractor is a professional who is also likely to be bonded and insured.
- Experience – work only with contractors who have at least five years of experience. This is a guarantee that the contractor knows what he is doing.
- Reputation – ask around for the contractor’s reputation. Do they keep their word? Visit a contractor’s Facebook page and read the feedback of their clients. You can also visit review websites like Trust Pilot.
- Flexibility – choose a contractor that specialises in many facets of construction like us. We do not only do bathroom remodelling; we are capable of doing any kind of construction work like plumbing, industrial painting, waterproofing, concrete rendering, floor preparation, timber floor installation, and so much more.
Remember that a flexible contractor gives you more value for your money. Instead of hiring a new team for a job, like finishing the wall, you only have to hire a single group.
We at Australian Construction meet all these requirements. We have been in the construction business for 20 years Our reputation is superb, as we only provide the best services to our clients. As such, we have grown our business. Today, we no longer just service Perth, but we also have projects in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and many other cities.
Summary: Perth Bathroom Renovations Contractor
Now that you know your purpose, materials, and space, it is time to decide how you want your bathroom remodelling project done. Also, you have to start shopping for a contractor.
Start with us, Australian Construction. We at Australian Construction have been in this business for over 20 years. We are a name and company you can trust. We are fully licensed, and we do our construction projects in accordance with the Australian building code.
Give us a call now and let us discuss what you have in mind. Our engineers will send some time with you and also look at the space where you want to remodel your bathroom.